My Heart Is Smiling...

When I started this journey with my amazing friend Renee, neither one of us knew what to expect.  Regardless, we were committed to doing it together for a year.  

We are two months in and are shocked at how much fun and profitable this business is.  Why in the world have I stayed in corporate America so long?  Seriously?!?  Why hasn't this industry been introduced to me before?  At least it has now!  I am hooked, loving every minute of it, and I still can't believe I'm getting paid for this!

On that note, two more team members joined the team and I couldn't be happier!    

Vanessa joined our team last week and is yet another high school friend that has come on board.  We didn't really get a chance to know each very well back then because she only went to our school for a short time, but we've become closer in the last year thanks to Facebook.  I simply love how Facebook brings people together and how easy it is to stay connected regardless of geographic locations.

To be honest, Vanessa's interest in becoming a business partner came out of nowhere.  I sent her a note about Rodan and Fields amazing skin care line, and a few conversations later she agreed to try some product.  Our conversations continued, but mainly about the product and our personal lives.  A couple more passing weeks, a few more conversations, and now we're working together!  

It's safe to say I liked her before but have quickly come to simply adore her!  She is smart, aggressive, a loving mother, fun and driven.  She is going to do wonderful in this industry and I am honored to be in business with her.  I guess you could say that Rodan and Fields is bringing people closer also regardless of geographic locations also! 

Shannon also joined the team last week, and she's one of the first people I shared this business with.  I know I sound like a broken record, but she also has been a good friend since high school.  She is the type of friend that brings a smile to my face when I hear her name or when I think about all the goofy things we used to do.  

Shannon committed to joining the team but had to wait until she could make it "official".  We were both giddy about going into business together and sent regular notes to each other counting down the days!  It felt like her signing day would never get here, but it's now official and we are business partners!!! Shannon is off and running and based on what I've seen, it's going to be hard work trying to keep up with her!  She jumped in to the deep end and is making things happen.



This is a business so at the heart of what I'm doing is profits, BUT the best part (for me) is the relationships.  How many people can say they get to work with their friends?

I've learned so much more about them since this journey began, and it makes us all that much closer.  To say they're smart, dynamic, amazing, and fun women would be an understatement.  I have so much respect for my friends/partners, and I am honored to be in business with each of them.  We are a powerful team and with each passing day are getting smarter and stronger.  The future is so bright!!!  Again, I still can't believe I'm getting paid for this!

Most of us have to work.  I am thrilled that this company allows me to work in my pjs and with people I care so deeply for.  Our products make people happy and this is only the beginning.  I can't wait to see who else joins the team.  They say to look for driven, friendly, positive people because they are friends with driven, friendly, positive people.  I can't wait for the network to broaden with each of the team's connections because if they are half as great as my friends are I am going to be blessed beyond words.  I can't wait to experience what the future has in store for each of us.  Regardless, I know we are going to have tons of fun doing it!!!

March is going to be a great month.  I get to see two of my partners and help grow their business.  Look out California, here we come!  

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm a new mom that is rethinking my corporate career, the importance of family and how to maximize "me" time. I truly had no idea how wonderful motherhood would be. But now that I'm a mom, my entire world has been turned upside down and everything that was important really isn't any longer. So, I'm on a quest to find a solution that works for me. A life solution that will allow me to spend as much time with my sweet baby girl while still having a lucrative career as well as spending as much time with the people that are important to me.

Picture

Picture
Just Us... Jenny & Renee

About This Blog

This blog was started to capture the one year journey of starting a business. We jumped in and committed to giving Direct Marketing one year. At the end of the year, we will evaluate where we are and what our next steps are.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP